J EeGrace & Co
Advocates & Solicitors
Personal Data and Privacy Notice
J EeGrace & Co (“the Firm”) respects your privacy. We treat and view your personal data seriously.
This Personal Data and Privacy Notice is issued to all our clients pursuant to the requirements of the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA).
Personal Information & Data Collection
In the course of your dealings with us, we will request that you provide data and information about yourself, your organization, your employees and/or your customers (“Personal Data”) to enable us to enter into transaction with you or to deliver the necessary services and/or deliverables in connection with our business.
Such Personal Data may include information concerning name as per identity card, preferred name, identity card number, age, contact number, residential address, e-mail address, birth date, gender, occupation, designation, bank account details, information of spouse/children such as name and birth date, information as to physical or mental health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence and other such data necessary for the performance of our services to you.
Why do we collect Personal Data?
Collection of personal data is relevant in connection with our business process, execution, including delivery of services and/or deliverables and client relationship management.
Personal Data you provide will be collected, used and otherwise processed by us for, amongst others, the following purposes:
- the delivery of services or deliverables and the marketing of such services or deliverables whether present or future, to you;
- to facilitate payment for our services;
- member or client relationship management procedures;
- those purposes specifically provided for in any particular service or deliverable offered by us;
- conducting training and awareness programmes, client promotional activities, marketing and client profiling activities in connection with our services and related deliverables;
- our internal record keeping;
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision or services and deliverables and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us; and
- enable us to send you information by e-mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls or text messages) or social media about products and services offered by selected third parties that we think may interest you.
What are the effects arising from failure to provide Personal Data?
The failure to supply such Personal Data will / may:-
- result in us being unable to provide clients with the services and/or deliverables requested;
- results in us being unable to update you on legal developments, our services, deliverables and/or launches; and
- results in your inability to receive invitations to promotional activities organized by us / our agents (if applicable).
Personal Data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorise us to provide or disclose Personal Data to the following categories of parties:-
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under the law or in response to a competent regulatory or government agency;
- government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, insurers, lawyers, or other financial or professional advisers and the Bar Council; and
- our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may determine to be necessary or appropriate.
We shall keep and process Personal Data in a secure manner. We endeavour, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, such Personal Data.
Data Transfer and Sharing
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or deliverable on our behalf to you, we may transfer Personal Data to a third party service or product providers within or outside the country in which we are established, under conditions of confidentially and similar levels of security safeguards.
Your Rights of Access and Correction
You have the right to request access to and correction of Personal Data held by us and in respect, you may:-
- check whether we hold or use Personal Data and request access to such data;
- request that we correct any Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
- request that we specify or explain its policies and procedures in relation to data and types of Personal Data handled by us.
Written request for access to Personal Data or correction of Personal Data or for information regarding policies and procedures and types of Personal Data handled by us can be made to:
J EeGracce & Co
No. 20 M, Jalan SS21/35
Damansara Utama, 47400
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel: +6 03-7729 7998
Fax: +6 03-7728 3008
No. 31 A, Jalan Melaka Raya 8
Taman Melaka Raya
Tel: +6 06 – 282 5233
Fax: +6 06 – 286 5233